Our Client is one of the UK’s leading Planning and Design consultancies with a number of regional offices across the UK. Manchester has been identified as one of the strategic investment priorities for the Practice to become a larger, multi-disciplinary office with significant opportunities for further growth in both Design and Planning.
This new vacancy has been created to play a key role in developing and delivering opportunities in Urban Design and Masterplanning in the North West. The successful candidate will play a key role in the growth strategy of the office, building on its success to date.
Our Client encourages and rewards individual initiative and autonomy within the context of teamwork and collaboration. There is also the potential for further progression to Partnership in the medium term, if a high level of entrepreneurial drive is demonstrated and yields successful and sustained fee growth.
Given the scale of the opportunity, we therefore seek a candidate with both excellent Urban Design & Masterplaning skills and outstanding business development capability. He or she will be expected to develop both new and existing client relationships, and to raise the profile of the design offer in the North West, which currently includes contemporary residential schemes, mixed-use masterplans and layouts, and commercial projects.
Essential Candidate Attributes
The candidate should have experience of working with Developers on mixed-use urban regeneration schemes and with National House Builders on the development of new neighbourhoods and will have an awareness of their commercial requirements.
- Knowledge of the local market in the North West and a portfolio / network of current contacts and clients with the potential for new business development.
- A high level of entrepreneurial drive, combining both individual initiative and effective collaboration with colleagues.
- Excellent design, drawing and report writing skills in Urban Design and Masterplaning.
- Experience of successful community engagement.
- A track record in shaping, directing and delivering large scale design projects.
- Team management skills and experience of leading, motivating and developing staff.
- Commercial awareness and financial management skills.
A starting salary of C £80,000 p.a. and a generous benefits package is on offer.
Please contact Hedeel Aljezairy at Ascent for a confidential discussion, or apply online and include a copy of your CV and portfolio.